Freitag, 20.05.2016, 16:30
Votiv Kino | Gr. Saal | reservieren
Haobam Paban Kumar | Indien 2014 | 52 Min. | OmeU
Mit dem Vorwand, die BewohnerInnen seien Schuld an der Verschmutzung des Sees, lies die Regierung von Manipur (Indien) hunderte schwimmende Häuser am Loktak See niederbrennen. Mit einem Schlag wurden tausende Menschen vertrieben und ihrer Lebensgrundlage, dem Fischen, beraubt. Ein berührendes Porträt einer mutigen Gemeinschaft, ihrem unerschütterlichen Glauben an Gerechtigkeit und dem unermüdlichen, fast aussichtslosen, Kampf gegen die Autoritäten.
Haobam Paban Kumar is an alumni of Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute, Kolkata. The documentary film AFSPA 1958 won several awards including the FIPRESCI prize at the Mumbai International Film Festival in 2006. His next film A CRY IN THE DARK was world-premiered at the Toronto Film Festival in 2006, shown at the MOMA in New York, telecast at YLE Finland and received a Special Jury Mention at the One World Human Rights Film Festival Chezkoslowakia in 2007. Some of his films NGAIHAK LAMBIDA (Fiction), THE FIRST LEAP, MR INDIA and AFSPA 1958 were screened in the Indian Panorama Section, IFFI Goa. The film AFSPA 1958 and MR INDIA have won National Film Awards in India.
I was deconstructing my old home as it was becoming damp. That night my mom could not sleep. I asked why and she said nothing. That was the germinating point of this film. Loktak is today considered a dying lake and I know we need to keep it clean but then, is it right to burn the huts of the fishermen who live on the floating huts in the name of cleaning the lake?
- Golden Conch for the Best Documentary, 14th Mumbai International Film Festival 2016.
- Royal Bengal Tiger for the Best Documentary, 21st Kolkata International Film Festival 2015.
- Indian Panorama, 46th International Film Festival of India, Goa 2015.
- Cinema of Resistance Award, 9th SIGNS Film Festival Kerala 2015.
- First Bala Kailasam Memorial Award, Chennai 2015 to HAOBAM PABAN KUMAR for his documentary film: Phum Shang (Floating Life).
- Best Long Documentary, 8th International Documentary and Short Film Festival of Kerala 2015.
- Silver Lotus for the Best Investigative Film, 62nd National Film Awards 2014.
- In Competition, 14th Mumbai International Film Festival 2016
- Nominated for Leipzig Ring Award, 58th DoK Leipzig, 2015
- India Week, Hamburg, 2015
- In Competition, 34th Jean Rouch International Film Festival, Paris, 2015
- In Competition, 10th Film South Asia, Kathmandu 2015
- In Competition, 12th Jeevika, New Delhi 2015
- In Competition, 8th CMS VATAVARAN, New Delhi 2015
- In Competition, 9th SIGNS Film Festival, 2015
- In Competition, 8th IDSFFK, Kerala 2015