BOLINGO. EL BOSQUE DEL AMOR – THE FOREST OF LOVE
Alejandro G. Salgado | Spain 2016 | 30 Min. | OmeU
In Bolingo. The Forest of Love several women tell us about their journey from the heart of Africa to North Morocco in search of the “European dream”. Bolingo means love in lingala, the language of a group of Congolese migrants that decided to create a more human surrounding in the North of Africa and thus, formed a camp where migrant women could live with their children until circumstances allowed them to cross the border to Europe. The documentary gives us a very personal insight into what it means to be a female migrant, a pregnant woman and a mother facing survival and childcare.
Alejandro G. Salgado graduated in Media & Communication Studies and History of Art from the University of Seville. He completed his studies with a specialisation in feature script writing at ESTUDIO DE CINE in Barcelona. In 2010 Alejandro won INJUVE Award of Young Creation (Ministry of Health Social Services and Equality) as well as many national and international awards for “ENTRE PAÑUELOS Y SUEÑOS” / “AMONG TISSUES AND DREAMS” short documentary project. Since 2011 he worked with direction and production teams of various feature film. From 2014 he belongs to the production company La Maleta and at the same time he writes and directs different types of audiovisual works.
- Best Documentary Short Film at Festival Primavera do Cine, Vigo
- First Shot International Festival of Documentary and Short Film Bosnia- Herzegovina
- Selección Official Ayvalık International Film Festival, Turkey
- Edmonton International Film Festival, Edmonton (Canada)
- Festival Internacional del Cine Pobre de la Paz, Mexico
- Addis International Film Festival, Etiopia
- AegeanDocs International Documentary Film Festival, Grecia
- Human Rights Dignity International Film Festival, Myanmar
- BOSIFEST, Belgrade International Film Festival for and by people with disabilities, Belgrade (Serbia)
- Selección en el Mercado MiradasDoc
- Selección en el Mercado Euromediterraneo de Documentales Medimed