UN PAESE DI CALABRIA
Catherine Catella, Shu Aiello | Italy, France 2016 | 90 Min. | OmeU
On a summer day in 1931, Rosa Maria left her village to escape poverty. Ever since, people of Riace have been watching the houses become covered with ivy and lands grow poorer. They scan the sea from their hills and continue to cherish their two Saints Cosma and Damiano who came from the Orient. One day Bairam docked on the beach in Riace along with two hundred other Kurdish. He decided to settle there. Today the people of Riace are called Roberto, Ousmane, Emilia, Mohamed, Leonardo, Taira.
They don’t have much, but daily they invent their common destiny.
With her bicultural background (French and Italian), Catheri ne has been dedicating herself to exile questions for a long time. Editor of many TV documentaries, sh e also directed many of them.
- VISIONS DU RÉEL, FESTIVAL INTERNATIONAL DU CINÉMA NYON 2016 *PRIX BUYENS-CHAGOLL*
- FÜNF SEEN FILMFESTIVAL (FIVE LAKES FESTIVAL/HUMAN RIGHTS FESTIVAL) 2016 *PRIX HORIZONTE*
- FAITO DOC FESTIVAL 2016 *PRIX DU REGARD ET PRIX DU JURY JEUNE PUBLIC*
- TERRA DI TUTTI FILM FESTIVAL 2016 *PREMIO SENNI*
- RAICE INFESTIVAL 2016 *PRIX SPÉCIAL DE LA COMMUNAUTÉ DE RIACE*
- FESTIVAL LA ROCHE SUR YON
- TIFF Tokyo